Pages

Apr 30, 2012

Product Junkie..."Curls Unleashed"




So I was perusing the hair product shelves of my local Rite Aid and almost had a heart attack. The usually sparse section dedicated to natural hair care had suddenly become the hotspot for all things kinky-curly...so many products that I thought for a second that I walked into Ricky's by mistake. Jane Carter, Curls, Kinky-Curly and a few other well to do products were staring right back at me, much to my pleasant surprise. I figured all that was missing was Miss Jessie's and DevaCurl...but I must digress. Along with these well known brands, I also spotted a few new products that my eyes had yet to see before. One of these brands being: Curls Unleashed. Curls Unleashed, a product brought to us by Organic Root Stimulator, is a full line of products dedicated to the styling of natural kinky, curly hair. The website states:


Embrace what nature got right and unleash your freedom to flaunt your natural tresses with incredible style and confidence, all in the name of health and beauty.


Curls Unleashed™ is a full line of products to help prep, style and maintain your natural curls.  Made especially for naturalistas, our products do not contain sulfates, mineral oil or SD alcohol.  Curls Unleashed™ products and are made with natural ingredients like safflower oil, sweet almond oil, and shea butter to help deliver the moisture and curl definition your natural curls crave but without the crunch or flakes.


Forever the junkie, the products caught my eye and I ended up picking up the "Take Command Curl Defining Creme" to try in my hair for twist outs, which I am more prone to doing during the summer months. It is said to moisturize and define curls without shrinkage. 





This is definitely something that I have to see to believe, since I end up with 80-90% shrinkage anytime my hair is left out for the world to see (it is literally my biggest pet peeve when it comes to my hair). I am always on the look out for products that can help to reduce the shrink, lol. Check out the website and if you have tried the products before, let me know how they worked for you. I will do a more in-depth review of the product when I do my twist outs. I'll keep you posted :)



No comments:

Post a Comment