Pages

Sep 5, 2012

Product Junkie..."Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask"

When I went to the CurlBox and Karen's Body Beautiful meetup back in June, I was given a free sample of KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask. I can never say no to free hair products, so I made sure to cop one and kindly try it out on my strands.
According to the Karen's Body Beautiful site, the KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask is an all natural deep conditioning treatment and is said to work best for thick kinks, curls or waves, relaxed, color treated or dry hair. Now I have thick kinks/curls and somewhat dry hair, so my hopes were high on the results.
The description of the product states: "Luscious Locks Hair Mask is a wonderfully nutritious conditioning treatment that you can use  as often as your hair needs it. Conditioning doesn't get deeper than this because everything you need for your hair is in this jar. Saturate your strands with this rich blend of herbs like shikakai and rosemary which are known to promote hair growth, arnica and nettle to strengthen your hair follicles and aloe for much needed moisture. It's called Luscious Locks for a reason."
The description alone had me curious as well to test out the product and see what the results were all about.
After shampooing my hair, I applied the Luscious Locks onto my strands from root to tip as directed and worked it through with a wide-tooth comb. I let the Luscious Locks sit for 20 minutes and then proceeded to wash out the treatment.

My thoughts: As I was adding the conditioner, I noticed that my hair felt very soft to the touch and the comb through was a breeze. I always dread combing through my hair when washing, due to a fear of the knots and tangles that can occur during the shampoo process. After washing out the conditioner, I noticed how soft and manageable my hair was and that detangling was easy to get through as well. The Luscious Locks Hair Mask was true to its word about moisture because my strands which can be quite dry at times, was moisturized and ready for the rest of my styling routine. I also loved the smell of the product (you can take in the rosemary oil as you're adding in the treatment!)

My hair enjoyed the product and it cooperated with the ingredients fairly well. No frizz or unruliness after use, which is a plus. Would I use it in place of my other tried and true products? Most likely not. The results were amazing, but I have received basically the same results with my Nothing But deep conditioner and its less than half the price of the Luscious Locks. An 8oz jar runs you $25 dollars, while the Nothing But Intensive Mask costs about $8.99 for the 16oz jar. And while I do love Karen's Body Beautiful products and understand the price ranges of self owned business...I'm all about getting more bang for my buck, lol! So even though, I may not purchase the product because I found one that works just as great, I will finish up my 4oz sample and I would however, recommend the product in good faith to those who have been wanting to try it out for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment