Pages

Apr 2, 2013

Product Junkie..."Kinky-Curly Come Clean Shampoo"





 Since I wear my hair in protective styles about 99.8% of the time...product buildup can become a big issue. I was in desperate need of a shampoo to get rid of all that gook that nests its way into my hair and scalp. I searched high and low for an all natural clarifying shampoo and then I stumbled upon Kinky-Curly Come Clean.
 Made of the following ingredients: Purified water, organic mandarin orange fruit, organic marigold flower, organic white willow bark, organic sea kelp, c14-16 olefin, sulfonate and cocamidopropyl betaine (coconut derived), phytic acid, citric acid, sea salt, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance
Come Clean, like all Kinky-Curly products, is organic and all natural. A definite plus in my book! A sulfate free shampoo, it's said to gently clean the hair and scalp of buildup while helping to maintain proper moisture balance.
 When it comes to shampoo, since it often strips hair of moisture, I was crossing my fingers that this would stay true to it's word. I read a few reviews beforehand and noticed that many people had issues of dry brittle hair after washing with Come Clean. But to be completely realistic...shampoos are meant to clean the hair and will more likely than not, strip the hair of natural oils, no matter how gentle or all natural it is. And since Come Clean is a type of clarifying shampoo, its main purpose is to get rid of all the buildup and dirt that can make its way onto your scalp. To counteract this and restore the moisture that was lost, deep conditioning is always a must.
 After taking out my braids and twists and parting my hair in four sections, I tried Come Clean and loved how clean my hair looked and felt! An excellent clarifier, the dirt and grime from wearing my hairstyle for a month was gone and although my hair was a little dry...it wasn't anything drastically different from other shampoos that I have used prior to this. I deep conditioned and my hair was back to normal. The mandarin orange fruit gave off a very refreshing and enjoyably calming scent.
 Found in local drugstores, Whole Foods Market and Ricky's...Kinky-Curly Come Clean can set you back about $12. A steep price for shampoo, I know, but not out of the norm for an all natural product. But since I received a full sized bottle for free back in a previous post...my pockets can rest easy for now. A con for me about the product is that since it's sulfate free, I used a lot of the product just to ensure that my hair was being thoroughly shampooed. One of the hazards I guess...
Have you tried Kinky-Curly Come Clean Shampoo? What were your results?

No comments:

Post a Comment