Pages

Apr 24, 2013

Some Hairspiration..."Natural Hair in Art"

I love finding beautiful inspiration while on my computer. As usual I was looking for hairstyles to try...since it's about that time for a brand new 'do. While perusing some of my favorite sites, I stumbled upon some cute paintings/drawings of women with amazing natural hair. It literally brings a smile on my face to see the celebration of natural hair live and living color! I'm an art geek and always try to make my way to the many museums in NYC whenever I can. Art is such a beautiful way to express yourself and means so many different things to those who view it. For me....these were everything!!

I'm not sure who the artists are...so if anyone knows...please let me know, I would love to credit them!

via: hi-imcurrentlyobsessed.tumblr.com

via: hi-imcurrentlyobsessed.tumblr.com

via: hi-imcurrentlyobsessed.tumblr.com

via: hi-imcurrentlyobsessed.tumblr.com

Looking at these, reminded me of a self portrait I had done in 2011 at an African-American festival:

photo: property of  thekinkynewyorker.blogspot.com
It's one of my favorite things that I own. I loved how it turned out and especially loved that he got my hair down to the very last detail, braids and all. Rhinestones were added to my eyes and earrings too :) The artist, Amit, said he was trying to capture my essence, which he said was warm and bright! Sooo sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment