Pages

May 14, 2013

My Hair Stories..."Long and Twisted...Havana Style"


In preparation for my scheduled vacay next week...I finally got the hairstyle that I have been craving for since last year...long twists!! I opted for a more thicker look that was similar to the much loved protective style called Havana Twists. I often have kinky twists in my hair, but never this length, so it was a real change from the norm. The only instance I had before this were long chunky braids that I wore in 1997...famously known as Dookie Braids (those who had them, know exactly what I'm referring too...but I couldn't take it back that far, lol!) I always wanted them as you have seen from a previous post, so I was completely geeked as I sat in the chair at my hair salon, waiting patiently to have the installment finished. I absolutely LOVE the results!! It's perfect for vacation and the summer...I don;t know why I didn't get them sooner!








For visability reasons, I have been placing it in a high bun for work, a little heavy for me, but way easier than whipping my hair back and forth :)

P.S. I just joined Bloglovin'. If you would like to keep updated with new posts follow me!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. where did you get them done if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlys13! I actually got them done in Brooklyn. If you message me, I will be happy to give you the information of my hairdresser: deana.owen@gmail.com.

    Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! what kind of hair did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang! Thank you! I used Marley Braiding Hair, it allowed for a more natural look, which was what I was going for :)

      Delete