Pages

Jun 8, 2013

What I Wore..."Torn, Fringed and Crocheted"



I seriously miss the beaches of the Dominican Republic right now. It had been a while since I went on a trip with a few of my friends, so the vacation I took last week for Memorial Day was well needed. We stayed in the town of Juan Dolio and travelled to other towns, cities and even a little island off the coast of the country. It was a trip that while relaxing, definitely felt like I didn't sleep a wink. I was so tired when I got back to New York and to work itself, that I feel another vacation is needed to recover from my vacation, lol!

The first full day there...I headed straight to the beach and laid out to take in the sun and sights. I also managed to find my way into the water too of course, lol.



Beach attire
Shorts and crocheted top: Forever21; Bikini: H&M 




The sun became my best friend for 8 glorious days...my skin definitely got a good tan from the exposure...but I lathered on the sunscreen for safety :)

Sunglasses: H&M
Tropical accessories...Turquoise and white beads
There were also people on the beach selling fresh seafood, such as clams, oysters and conch. I never had conch before so I jumped on the chance to give it a try. Sooo worth it!!

Fresh conch on the beach
The conch and the amazing salsa it was topped with was sooo delicious!! 
More pics to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment